The next induction into the Lima City Schools Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame is coming this fall.
The following people will be inducted at a special dinner Thursday, Sept. 30.
- Melvin Glover, Lima Senior Class of 1994
- Jeremy Heffner, Lima Senior Class of 1998
- Kevin Hooker, Lima Senior Class of 1998
- Robert Long, Lima Senior Class of 1968
- Jessika Phillips, Lima Senior Class of 2000
- Charles Smith, Lima Senior Class of 1990
- Merlin Szasz, South Class of 1954 – posthumously
- Judge RicKard Workman, Lima Senior Class of 1965
- Lima Kiwanis Club, “Service to Lima City Schools” honorary member
The induction ceremony will be held Sept. 30 in the commons area of Lima Senior High School. The night will begin with a reception at 6 p.m., followed by the dinner and program at 6:30 p.m. The student-run Spartan Inn will prepare the meal.
The cost of the dinner is $25. Tickets can be purchased starting now online at https://limacityschools.square.site/ or beginning Aug. 9 from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday in the Arts and Magnet Office at the Earl McGovern Education Center, 755 St. John’s Avenue. Tickets can also be purchased by calling 419-996-3435. Purchased tickets can be pick up beginning Aug. 9 at South or at the event. No tickets will be sold the night of the banquet.
The inductees will also be recognized during halftime of the Spartan Homecoming football game Friday, Oct. 1. Lima Senior takes on Whitmer at 7 p.m. in Spartan Stadium.
The Hall of fame honors alumni who have received local, state or national recognition for achievements in their occupational fields, made significant contributions to society, or performed meritorious service to our country. The first graduates were inducted in 1987. A new class is inducted every three years.
The Hall of Fame also serves as a living example for current students and the community of the caliber of accomplished graduates who have come from the Lima City Schools. The inductees will spend time in the school with students earlier in the day of the induction.