Online Learning at Lima Senior
August 28th, 2020
Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,
Online learning has begun at Lima Senior. Your child’s teacher(s) have their Schoology courses up and running for student access. In each course, students will find links to any materials and helpful tools needed to succeed in online learning. Students that complete all of their assignments each week are considered present.
We encourage you to reach out to our teachers and staff with any questions that arise. Our Lima Senior teachers will be teaching both face-to-face and online. Due to this, teachers may not be available to answer questions or address your concerns immediately. Teachers will contact you within 24 hours of the time you reach out to them, Monday through Friday. You are welcome to contact teachers through email, Remind or Schoology. Our teachers are not available by phone during the school day due to their in-person teaching schedule.
The following website has been created to assist parents in using Chromebooks, Schoology, Google Drive and Progressbook: http://oldwordpress.limacityschools.org/spartanparentstech/chromebooks
Please check this site for guidance as it has helpful information for our online learners.
Schoology is the learning platform for our district. To log into Schoology, go to the district website at www.limacityschools.org. From there, click on “Student Life” and then “Student Essentials.” You will find the link to Schoology there.
The user name is: firstname.lastname
The Password is: student lunch code
In order to be successful in online learning, the following expectations have been put in place for parents, students and teachers:
Expectations for Teachers:
- Establish office hours to support students
- Respond to parent/student messages within 24 hours, Monday-Friday
- Record Student Attendance
- Record Student Grades in Progressbook
Expectations for Students:
- Daily login to Schoology
- Complete lessons and assignments according to the due dates
- Ask teacher for assistance if there is something you do not understand during their office hours (which will be posted in their Schoology course)
- Use Technology according to district policy
Expectations for Parents:
- Establish a daily routine for your child maintaining as much of a regular schedule as possible. Include school, mealtime and physical activity
- Identify a workspace for your child and ensure the materials needed for learning are available in that space
- Reach out to staff and teachers if support is needed
- Check your child’s Schoology daily to ensure lessons are being completed
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Mrs. Fran Mort, Principal