The Lima City Schools will again use the last week of March to celebrate public schools and invite the public in to see its high school and learn about all the district’s schools and programs.
The week (March 26 to 29) is designed to promote and celebrate public education, specifically the Lima City Schools and all it has to offer. This is the second year of “Celebrate Public Schools: Experience the Spartan Pride.”
Activities will be happening in all the district’s buildings throughout the week. Family nights, a district-wide coloring contest and an alumni lunch are just a few.
The highlight of the week will be a district-wide open house from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 27, at Lima Senior High School.
The evening will feature:
- Free dinner from the student-run Spartan Inn
- More than 50 chances to win prizes, including three grand prize awards (Kindle Fires).
- Self-guided building tours
- Lima Senior classrooms, including career tech labs, will be open
- Student projects
- Informational booths for all district buildings and programs (preschool, gifted, special education, magnets, athletics and more)
- Book fair, story time, games and crafts in the library
- Student performances featuring high school, middle school and elementary school students
- Student artwork
- Lima Senior face painters
- DECA Spartan Spirit Shack open for business
- Spartan Health Center
- Register for next school
- Visit school resource officers and learn about new anti-bullying app.
- Learn about school service clubs and mentoring programs
There will be chances to win more than 50 prizes throughout the evening thanks to many generous supporters. Spartan gear, gift cards to local businesses, football tickets and more will be raffled off throughout the open house. Stop by the prize table to enter to win.
Thanks to Smith-Boughan and Ley Insurance, we have three Kindle Fires and two Amazon Echoes. Attendees can pick up a punch card at the prize table. After visiting the locations listed, return the card to the table for the chance to win one of the grand prizes.
Thanks to the following for supporting the open house with prizes and other donations: Crosshairs of Lima, C&T Design and Equipment Co, Dominion, General Mills, Gordon Food Service, Husky Energy, Kewpee Hamburgers, Ley Insurance, Liberty PTS, Lima Sporting Goods, Lima Senior DECA, Lima Senior Athletic Department, The Met, Reiter Dairy, Rightway Food Service, Smith-Boughan and Western Sizzlin.