The next induction into the Lima City Schools Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame is coming in October.
The following people will be inducted at a special dinner Thursday, Oct. 5.
- Jon David Armantrout, Lima Senior Class of 1958
- Jill P. Courtney, Lima Senior Class of 1958
- Laura Preble, Lima Senior Class of 1980
- Judge Jeffrey L. Reed, Lima Senior Class of 1976
- Madinah Slaise, Lima Senior Class of 1996
- Chief Craig A. Stone, Lima Senior Class of 1978
- Courtney D. Tate, Lima Senior Class of 1997
- Larry R. Webb, Lima Senior Class of 1973
New this year is a “Service to Lima City Schools” honorary member of the hall of fame.
- The first inductees will be Sandy and Martie MacDonell.
The induction ceremony will be held Oct. 5 in the commons area of Lima Senior High School. The night will begin with a reception at 6 p.m., followed by the dinner and program at 6:30 p.m. The student-run Spartan Inn will prepare the meal.
The cost of the dinner is $25. Tickets can be purchased from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday in the Arts and Magnet Office at the Earl McGovern Education Center, 755 St. John’s Avenue. Tickets can also be purchased by calling 419-996-3435.
The inductees will also be recognized during halftime of the Spartan Homecoming football game Friday, Oct. 6. Lima Senior takes on St. Francis de Sales at 7 p.m. in Spartan Stadium.
The Hall of fame honors alumni who have received local, state or national recognition for achievements in their occupational fields, made significant contributions to society, or performed meritorious service to our country. The first graduates were inducted in 1987. A new class is inducted every three years.
The Hall of Fame also serves as a living example for current students and the community of the caliber of accomplished graduates who have come from the Lima City Schools. The inductees will spend time in the school with students earlier on the day of the induction.