The Lima City Schools recently recognized this year’s “Outstanding 11” award winners.
One teacher from each school building receives the honor each year. They are nominated by their peers.
“This is always one of our favorite nights of the school year,” Superintendent Jill Ackerman said. “We have so many wonderful teachers and staff members in the Lima City Schools who give their all every day for our students, but it is extra special for us to recognize those who are truly going above and beyond.”
The district began the awards in 2011 after a visit from nationally-known educator Ron Clark, author of “The Excellent 11.” The winners demonstrate Clark’s 11 qualities to motivate and educate children: enthusiasm, adventure, creativity, reflection, balance, compassion, confidence, humor, common sense, appreciation and resilience.
The following staff members were recognized:
- Susan Beam, South Science and Technology Magnet School
- Holly Bowersock, Freedom Elementary School
- Debora Dulle, Lima West Middle School
- Desiray Engberg, Unity Elementary School
- Ramona Gulley, Independence Elementary School
- Rebecca Leach, Heritage Elementary School
- Thomas Nicholson, Lima Senior High School
- Corrie Reed, Liberty Arts Magnet School
- Kristen White, Lima North Middle School